Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

The Time Life series "The Good Cook"

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 7,202 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

Professional Students of the Plate. neither were professional cooks.

Mrs. Child taught us to remember, its going to be on your plate.

that's why at then end of each show, B&W, etc.  she served the food to her guests  ( you and me ) and her self.

then then said  

"Bon Appetit"

she meant it.

being able to cook  well helped them understand that its about the Plate.  in the end.

with some friends.  there were always many plates on Mrs. Childs table

I dont know how R.O. ate.  but in there early books there were some pictures.

not by himself.

#32 SLB

SLB
  • participating member
  • 47 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:09 AM

People.  I just discovered these in a beach house rental.  OMG!!!  I immediately ordered several off of Amazon.  They were extraordinary!  I'm nervous that I'm going to end up getting all of them (I kind of have a lid purchase of new cookbooks, which you can see sometimes gets blown off . . .).  But I can't wait!  

Edited by SLB, Yesterday, 09:09 AM.

• Kerry Beal likes this

#33 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 7,202 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:16 AM

on ebay there are many sets of this series at various prices along with an earlier set of fine cookbooks from time-life

Foods of the World.

I almost got a complete set of Foods of the World for < 100 $$ shipped, but the seller somehow kept increasing the price and the set was never sold.

#34 cyalexa

cyalexa
  • participating member
  • 250 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:37 PM

Since reading about these on this site I have begun checking Goodwill and thrift shops, especially when I travel. I have accumulated quite a few. Some were purchased for only $0.50, all were less than $3.00. I have enjoyed every recipe I tried.

#35 GlorifiedRice

GlorifiedRice
  • participating member
  • 1,726 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:30 PM

7ieEyXQ.gif

What about this lovely series?

Wawa Sizzli FTW!