Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Kitchen photos

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Toliver

Toliver
  • participating member
  • 4,739 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:19 AM

MetsFan5, are those double wall ovens I spy? If so, I am green with envy!

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'
Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”
– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

#122 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 5,353 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:03 AM

So am I! I'm also envious of a genuine exhaust hood which, I assume, vents to the outside.  Lovely!

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

#123 MetsFan5

MetsFan5
  • participating member
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:03 AM

Yes, they are double ovens and the hood vents through the roof. The pup is a huge handful!
  • Smithy and gfweb like this

#124 Porthos

Porthos
  • participating member
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

Since I spend about 20 hours a weekend for 7 weekends in the spring in my faire kitchen I thought I would show the few pictures I snapped this year.

This is the basic layout. The table to the lower left is the dishwashing station and the shelving to the right of that is for air drying.

Kitchen_Plan_2015.jpg

The large grill and the 3-burner 30K BTU/burner are outside.

20150418_103028.jpg

This view shows the regular kitchen stove and (sort of) my steel table. It was exclusively my table (I paid for it) before I took the kitchen over in 2010. The window in the picture looks out at the grill.

20150418_103056.jpg

We have two basic banquet table that serve as our main prep counters. I have made stilts for them so that they are more or less counter height. That is my daughter prepping 4 lbs of Brussels Sprouts for sauting.

20150418_103109.jpg

• gfweb, FauxPas, Shel_B and 2 others like this

Porthos Potwatcher
The Unrelenting Carnivore
"If every pork chop was perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs." (source unknown)
Customer to clerk in a clothing store, "Do you have these in a size for people who actually eat?"

#125 FauxPas

FauxPas
  • participating member
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

Wow, that's quite the set-up, Porthos! Thanks for sharing and I love that you gave us the floorplan.

Are you done now until next year or do you do one in the Fall as well? I know you told us, but I have forgotten.  :blush:

• Thanks for the Crepes likes this

#126 Porthos

Porthos
  • participating member
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:29 PM

Yes, there is a separate faire in the fall near Gilroy, California, The Garlic Capitol of the World. I posted about that faire some months ago.  It has pictures if you scroll down.

http://forums.egulle...-faire-kitchen/

• FauxPas, Shelby and Thanks for the Crepes like this

Porthos Potwatcher
The Unrelenting Carnivore
"If every pork chop was perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs." (source unknown)
Customer to clerk in a clothing store, "Do you have these in a size for people who actually eat?"