Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Hello!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 odalisay

odalisay
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:14 PM

Hello my name is Ollie. I live in the SF Bay Area with my wife & 2 cats. I am a graduate of culinary school but am not a practicing chef at the moment.

Spent a lot of my childhood in the kitchen and in front of the tv watching cooking shows on PBS.

Hope to learn and join in discussion.
  • gfron1 and gfweb like this

#2 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:23 PM

Welcome, Ollie!  Come on in and join the conversations!  

Do you practice your culinary skills at home, or are you a bit too busy with other pursuits?  What PBS shows did you especially like to watch?  

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

#3 odalisay

odalisay
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

Welcome, Ollie! Come on in and join the conversations!

Do you practice your culinary skills at home, or are you a bit too busy with other pursuits? What PBS shows did you especially like to watch?

Smithy I do the basics at home nothing too fancy. I never fully went into culinary when I graduated culinary school. I graduated in 2008 just as the recession started. I could not make the jump in careers due to financial responsibilities.

My favorites was Yan Can Cook, then Jacque Pepin and finally Julia Child.

#4 Kim Shook

Kim Shook
  • participating member
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Welcome, Ollie!  I hope you enjoy eG.  I've made lots of friends here and learn so much.  It's a great place.

#5 odalisay

odalisay
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

Welcome, Ollie! I hope you enjoy eG. I've made lots of friends here and learn so much. It's a great place.

Thank you Kim. I look forward to learning and meeting lots of people.