Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Hello from NYC!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Nucoffe

Nucoffe
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Greetings,

I am a food lover and heck what can I say I love to eat eat and eat!  I love all sorts of food but my absolute favorites are Prime Rib, Crabs and BBQ Brisket!  Whenever I get the chance I like to venture to a restaurant called Hill Stone in NYC since I can get all 3 there however the place is a bit pricey and would love to hear of any alternatives!  I travel down to Ocean City, MD at least twice a year just to eat those succulent blue crabs during the summer!  But well this is me in a nutshell =-)

kitchen tools that make eating healthy fun and easy Best Amazon Food Scale and the Vegetable Spiral Slicer

#2 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Welcome to the Forums, Nucoffe. I'm sure you'll get lots of advice, not only about where to eat, but also on the very best ways to cook any of those dishes. Note I said 'advice', not 'agreement'. ;-)
  • Nucoffe likes this

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

#3 Kim Shook

Kim Shook
  • participating member
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Welcome, Nucoffe!  I spent most of my life going to OC during the summer.  I still love it.  Do you go to Thrasher's for fries?  Feel free to jump in anywhere.  eGullet folks are very friendly.

• Nucoffe likes this

#4 Nucoffe

Nucoffe
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:20 AM

I do go to thrasher fries! My girlfriend loves the vinegar into the fries and strangely it works!!!  I especially love going to On the Bay all you can eat crabs for $25!!!! However if you go there at peak times you will be waiting for at least 1-2 hours before you get a seat!

kitchen tools that make eating healthy fun and easy Best Amazon Food Scale and the Vegetable Spiral Slicer