Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Hello

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lbakermathews

Lbakermathews
  • participating member
  • 16 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and introduce myself, Latoya is my name, and I love food. I love learning about food and the science behind it. I recently purchased the modernist cuisine book set, and I love it. Nathan Myhrvold if you're reading this, I'd simply like to say that you and your team did a superb job in putting these books together---great information. Aside from that, I'm a former personal chef, turned mommy to a now 2 year old, turned food blogger. As a mom to a toddler time is a premium which I rarely have. Non active cooking has become my favorite way to cook. I love gadgets that can save me time, and my kitchen is stocked with lots of time saving gadgets. Now that I've read MC I'll need to add a few more. I'm currently looking at reviews for a sous vide machine, and can't wait to read what machine you all think works best. I'm excited to learn from you all, and thanks so much for having me:-)

#2 lesliec

lesliec
  • host
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:18 PM

Hi, Latoya. Welcome to eG.

We're a (mostly) friendly, if sometimes argumentative, bunch. Dive on in and have fun.

We get a bit passionate about our chosen weapons, but I'm coming down heavily in favour of the Anova. It's great.

See you in the forums.
  • Lbakermathews likes this

Leslie Craven, aka "lesliec"
Host, eG Forumslcraven@egstaff.org

After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one's own relatives ~ Oscar Wilde

My eG Foodblog

eGullet Ethics Code signatory