Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

"Chef" the Film

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock
  • society donor
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

Jon Favreau has a film titled Chef which is opening in limited release today. It won't be showing in Phoenix/Scottsdale for another week or so. Right now, the Rotten Tomatoes score is holding at 88%. Here's the trailer. I like a lot of Favreau's work, so, I am curious about this film and will go see it as soon as I can. Just wondering if anyone has seen it yet, and how accurately the cooking life is portrayed.

#2 chezcherie

chezcherie
  • participating member
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 09 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

playing in hollywood this afternoon and since i have a broken back, i've got time on my hands! might try to get there this afternoon. saw this yesterday:

http://la.eater.com/..._last_night.php

• Lisa Shock likes this
"Laughter is brightest where food is best."
www.chezcherie.com
Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

#3 Kim Shook

Kim Shook
  • participating member
  • 2,980 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

playing in hollywood this afternoon and since i have a broken back, i've got time on my hands! might try to get there this afternoon. saw this yesterday:

http://la.eater.com/..._last_night.php

Jeez, chezcherie!  I did that last September and I'm still not in the best shape!  Take care of yourself and do your therapy!  So sorry this happened to you!

We saw it tonight and liked it a lot.  It was a private screening - a food bank fund raiser - with lots of area restaurant/food/media types and it got lots of laughs and drooly sounds at all the right moments. 

• chezcherie likes this

#4 Shalmanese

Shalmanese
  • participating member
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:13 AM

I saw it last week with a friend and loved it! It's not designed to be a challenging movie but it's got heart.

PS: I am a guy.