Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Looking for Vegetarian Friendly Restaurant in Newport RI

Vegetarian

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jtphjl

jtphjl
  • participating member
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:29 PM

I will be traveling to Newport, RI the end of May. Traveling companion is a vegetarian. Looking for restaurant suggestions whose menu includes non meat/seafood entree that are not simply after thoughts.

Thanks!

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."
- Elaine Boosler

#2 janeer

janeer
  • participating member
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Please clarify: no meat or seafood?

#3 jtphjl

jtphjl
  • participating member
  • 218 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Looking for a fit for foodie restaurant that has a variety of  non meat options.

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."
- Elaine Boosler

#4 Mjx

Mjx
  • manager
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:54 AM

Looking for a fit for foodie restaurant that has a variety of  non meat options.

Does 'meat' include seafood?

My family is vegetarian, and they don't eat seafood, but some self-described vegetarians do, and whether or not this is the case will make a significant difference to the options available to you.

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Manager, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

#5 jtphjl

jtphjl
  • participating member
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

My friend does not eat seafood

- Elaine Boosler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vegetarian