Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

New Anova Precision Cooker Announced May 6, 2014

Modernist

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#391 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

It is 7 6/8 " to the rim.

Many thanks, not quite high enough for my Anova 1.  I guess I'll be sticking to my pasta pot.

#392 Anna N

Anna N
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 6,796 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

Many thanks, not quite high enough for my Anova 1.  I guess I'll be sticking to my pasta pot.

Should work fine. I just attached my Anova 1 and there's no issue and I know the chap who came up with this only has the Anova 1.
Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

"It either works fine or not, but what the heck. This is bread, not birth control." Susan of Wild Yeast blog
Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog
My 2004 eG Blog

#393 SleeperService

SleeperService
  • participating member
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:59 PM

measure again, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

#394 scubadoo97

scubadoo97
  • participating member
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:18 PM

My Anova V1 works well in an 8 inch high Cambro.

#395 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 1,791 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

Eight inches is what I thought the Anova 1 required?

#396 SleeperService

SleeperService
  • participating member
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

Eight inches is what I thought the Anova 1 required?

you got a ruler?

#397 saluki

saluki
  • participating member
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

I'd say it's likely operator error.

the skirt is very snug, so it takes a good grip and some effort to get it to come loose, make sure you're twisting it in the correct direction, counter clockwise, looking at it from the bottom.

After neither my sister or myself being able to remove the skirt and cap or re-loosen the upper clamp adjustment following the manual instructions;  I brought it to my brother-in-law who had the strength needed to remove it...........  All is now well!!!

Regarding the Brita looks like a brilliant solution for those of us lacking strength.......Love the idea but in the height department I  think it would be a close call to fit my Sous Vide Supreme bag rack in it which is coming in really useful and was a very worthwhile

purchase to use with the circulator

#398 Mmmpomps

Mmmpomps
  • participating member
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

Got my Red Anova today..ready to play with that one on the weekend... two anova's make me very happy!

#399 Matt L

Matt L
  • 1 posts

Posted Today, 01:28 AM

Was thinking of buying one but slightly worried by this emerging issue on the Anova support site http://community.ano...on-on-220v-unit- is this a general problem? Or just in relation to a few units?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modernist