Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

New Orleans restaurants

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous Modernist 310

Anonymous Modernist 310
  • general member
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

Hello, I'm going to New Orleans this weekend and was wondering if anybody had any restaurants/food related recommendations? Could be anything from the best restaurant to the best Po'Boy shack. Thanks for your help Louis-Frederic

#2 MikeMac

MikeMac
  • society donor
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

I am a big fan of Chef Paul Prudhomme (K Pauls) I took a course from him many years ago in which I learned how to blacken and loved it I do not think he still works in the kitchen I also like his line of Magic seasonings and I know you can get them back into Canada. While I am not a fan of the Ruth Chris steakhouse chain the original was in New Orleans but its now based out of Florida so I would probably give it a miss. Make sure you have some Chicory coffee with beignets a tradition left over from the Civil War. Their is a tradition place downtown looking at a church?
Mike Macdonald Calgary

#3 Anonymous Modernist 310

Anonymous Modernist 310
  • general member
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thanks for the informations Mike, We had lunch at K-Paul and while I was a little bit dissapointed at the "Deli style" it still was the best gombo I ate all weekend long. (Paper bowl and plastic tableware!!!) My best po boy was probably at Mother's. Unconsistant food at Commander's Palace with amateur service. (What was good was excellent but the rest was totally forgetable!) A nice suprise at Cochon butcher. (Just regret that I choose to go to CP instead of the Cochon flagship for my last dinner! And I finished everything with a pizza at Domenica. All in all good food and we will happily go back to the Big Easy P.S. we had our coffee and beignet at Cafe du Monde.

#4 Anonymous Modernist 18828

Anonymous Modernist 18828
  • general member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:11 AM

Best restaurants in New Orleans are- 1. Commander's palace 2. The joint 3. Brightsen's Restaurant 4. Bayona 5. GW Fins 6. August

#5 Anonymous Modernist 18470

Anonymous Modernist 18470
  • general member
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:52 AM

Yeah! Commander's Palace is really a great restaurant in New Orleans you should take services of this awesome place but you should make comparison with other about services and price, there may be more restaurants which also provides good services like Stella!, Lilette, August etc. Posted Image