Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Eleven Madison Park cookbook

Modernist Cuisine Forums modernist Cookbook

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Anonymous Modernist 5109

Anonymous Modernist 5109
  • general member
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Greetings. I received the ElevenMadison Park cookbook for my birthday (December), and it is one of my favorite cookbooks of the year. The recipes are great (some very involved), as is the presentation of the food. I have cooked a few of the recipes and the flavors pair together quite well. One of my favorite things about the book is at the end. The end of the book contains many vinaigrette, infused oil, gels, pickling, and sorbet recipes, as wellasvarious other dessert recipes. It is a very nicely presented book, with recipes laid outvia each season. Has anyone else purchased the book? Have you cooked any recipes? How cookable did you feel the book was? Seth

#2 Anonymous Modernist 7576

Anonymous Modernist 7576
  • general member
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

I got this book from my gf for christmas and it's probably been my most read book since. I havn't tried full recipes yet but I have tried various techniques from it and it's always worked great. I love how Chef Humm can make dazzling modern dishes without using too many ultra-modernist techniques. It's a great example of how classic techniques done perfectly can yield extraordinary results. I'm looking forward to trying out his pork shoulder recipe from the 4 course suckling pig recipe. I think one of my favourite things that stuck with me from the book is how they created the menu with only 1 set star ingredient and they can build the dish to a diners tastes and whats in season, I think it's a great balance of staying creative in the kitchen and tending to your diners individual tastes. Amazing book, I recommend it to everyone.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modernist Cuisine Forums, modernist, Cookbook