Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Chicago Modernist Cuisine

Modernist Cuisine Forums modernist

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Anonymous Modernist 541

Anonymous Modernist 541
  • general member
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

I'm looking for a place that uses many modernist techniques in Chicago, as I will be visiting there, and I haven't really gotten a chance to experience modernist cuisine in a restaurant. I don't want anything too expensive (like Alinea). In like the $75 range. Thank you very much!

#2 Anonymous Modernist 708

Anonymous Modernist 708
  • general member
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

Not overly Modernist Cuisine, but Otom (Moto's sister restaurant) did a $25 3 course deal on Tuesdays. Not sure if they're still running it but it was fantastic value for money.

#3 Anonymous Modernist 310

Anonymous Modernist 310
  • general member
  • 194 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:20 AM

I had an incredible meal at Alinea and a great but unequal experience at Moto on my last trip to Chicago. Otom is closed but they now have an Ing restaurant instead and it seem to fit exactly with what you're looking for! For more information you can chech that article.

Bon appetit!

#4 Anonymous Modernist 3145

Anonymous Modernist 3145
  • general member
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Another benefit to iNG is that it is right around the corner from Aviary -- Alinea and Next's modern cocktail lounge. Get an In the Rocks or the one (the name escapes me) that is served in the "porthole" that changes color as you drink it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modernist Cuisine Forums, modernist