Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Meeting-friendly snacks to bake

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#211 Shelby

Shelby
  • society donor
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

You've done so much for them, they'll be ok doughnut-ing for a day.  

I'm still dreaming of your snickerdoodles.

I've been married for 15 years and been with my husband for over 20.  All this time I had it in my head that he hated snicker doodles.  I mentioned yours to him and he said "Oh I haven't had those forever, you should make some".   :wacko:   I have no idea where I got the notion that he didn't like them.

• Thanks for the Crepes likes this

#212 Anna N

Anna N
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:16 PM

You've done so much for them, they'll be ok doughnut-ing for a day.  

I'm still dreaming of your snickerdoodles.

I've been married for 15 years and been with my husband for over 20.  All this time I had it in my head that he hated snicker doodles.  I mentioned yours to him and he said "Oh I haven't had those forever, you should make some".   :wacko:   I have no idea where I got the notion that he didn't like them.

I find that just too funny. Very similar thing happened to me only a few minutes ago. I always thought my daughter hated the shortbread crust on the butter tart squares. I swear she always just scooped off the topping. But apparently I invented this whole idea!
It is amazing what we make up about other people!
  • Shelby and Thanks for the Crepes like this
Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Never call a stomach a tummy without good reason.” William Strunk Jr., The Elements of Style

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog
My 2004 eG Blog