Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Francisco Migoya starting a project with Nathan Myhrvold

Modernist

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 teonzo

teonzo
  • participating member
  • 137 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 06:11 AM

In Pãstryrevolution #5 (a great magazine on pastries and bread, if you can read Spanish language) there is an interview with Francisco Migoya where he says he is starting a project with Nathan Myhrvold. This seems like the beginning of the works for "Modernist Patisserie".

This is a great news for me, an equivalent of "Modernist Cuisine" for pastry and baking would be a dream!

Teo

• Lisa Shock likes this
My new blog: http://www.teonzo.com/

#2 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:54 PM

an equivalent of "Modernist Cuisine" for pastry and baking would be a dream!

Agreed. I still can't bring myself to spend the money for the MC books but I might find a MP book impossible to resist.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

#3 paulraphael

paulraphael
  • participating member
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

I was surprised pastry wasn't included in the original set. I know they had to draw the line somewhere ... but the distinction between sweet and savory or hot kitchen and pastry kitchen sems decidedly pre-modern. At any rate, I look forward to 50lbs of pastry volumes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modernist