Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

"Modernist Cuisine" by Myhrvold, Young & Bilet (Part 3)

Modernist Cookbook Reference

• Please log in to reply
422 replies to this topic

#421 chefmd

chefmd
  • participating member
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

A lot of us were there, waiting for MC to arrive especially when books were on back order.  You will enjoy your purchase.  

And you will buy more things.

And more things.

Joining eGullet is free but it may cause frequent episodes of compulsive shopping.

• SobaAddict70, Smithy, gfweb and 2 others like this

#422 mercenaryblade

mercenaryblade
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:51 AM

yeah I've already got dozens upon dozens of pages bookmarked of stuff I want... no... NEED! I need to organize it and put together a plan for purchasing what and when before my next several paychecks disappear along with my entire savings account...

#423 Raamo

Raamo
  • participating member
  • 91 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

I finally obtained my own copy of MC. I've cooked one set of things from it and done a LOT of reading.

And my dreams of owning a centrifuge have been dashed - they suggest ones the size of a washing machine (the only centrifuge I'll own for now) and are pretty spendy.... just no place for that in my house.

It is interesting how steam ovens have changed since 2010 - there are a lot more avalible now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modernist, Cookbook, Reference