Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Who likes Buche?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SpaghettiWestern

SpaghettiWestern
  • participating member
  • 97 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

OK... i can see there were no responses to my post about Mexican buffets in El Paso.  LOL

thats ok.  i cant say i am not disappointed.

i did find several that were great..... and really satisfied my huge appetite.

if you really want to know the names of the places.... you can send me a PM and i'll let you know.

but this post is about Buche.......  this odd meat i found in my favorite Mexican grocery in the take out section.

i bought a small piece and i discovered i LOVED it.

from what i can tell... BUCHE meat is a pigs throat.  they fry it in lard and you can eat it chopped up in a warm tortilla.

really it was wonderful !  it is thin slices of meat from the throat.... its chewy but its very tasty.

so ?  has anyone had this  and if you have ? did you like it ?

i am crazy about it.  lol

man i LOVE El Paso !

#2 chileheadmike

chileheadmike
  • participating member
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:21 PM

I thought it was stomach. That's what they said it was at the one restaurant where I've had it.

Judy's in Kansas City, KS. I liked it too.
That's the thing about opposum inerds, they's just as tasty the next day.

#3 SpaghettiWestern

SpaghettiWestern
  • participating member
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

I thought it was stomach. That's what they said it was at the one restaurant where I've had it.

Judy's in Kansas City, KS. I liked it too.

YES !  you are right !   it is stomach.  i asked around again and it is indeed stomach of the pig.  just WONDERFUL STUFF !

i love love LOVE this place !  its always an adventure when it comes to good food.