Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Cookbooks for Sale

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ElsieD

ElsieD
  • participating member
  • 771 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Due to a move from a house to a condo, I had to rationalize my cookbooks. I am offering for sale the following cookbooks at $10 each, decreasing by $1 per book until the price hits $5 per book. If you buy more than 5 books, all subsequent books will cost $5.00. I live in Ottawa but will ship provided the buyer pays for the shipping costs. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Cook's Illustrated:

Annual editions, from 1993 through 2008 with the exception of 2006 (don't know what happened to this one)

Other CI books:
America's Test Kitchen Family Baking Book
America's Best Lost Recipes

The Best Recipe series:
Soups and Stews
Cover and Bake
The Best Light Recipes
Grilling and Barbecue
Best Chicken Recipes
Perfect Vegetables
Italian Classics
The Quick Recipe
Restaurant Favorites

From Cuisine at Home:
13 Annual editions containing magazines 1 through 78

The above books are in pristine condition.

In addition to the above, I also have the following soft cover books relating to barbecuing:

By Steven Raichlen:
Planet BBQ
BBQ Bible - Sauces, Rubs and Marinades
BBQ USA
How to Grill
The BBQ Bible

Others:
BBQ secrets - Ron Shewchuk
The BBQ Cookbook - Australian Women's Weekly
Grilling - The Culinary Institute of America
Smoke & Spice - Cheryl and Bill Jamison
Fire & Smoke: The Essential BBQ - Whitecap Books
Mastering the Craft of Smoking Food - Warren R. Anderson
BBQ and Summer Foods Cookbook - Canadian Living
BBQ All Year long Cookbook - Dr. BBQ
Weber's Big Book of Grilling - Weber

I am asking $5 eack for the above books. If you buy more than 1, the price will be $4 for the second book, $3 for the third and $3 per book thereafter. These books are also in excellent condition.

We do travel the 401 between Ottawa and Burlington on occassion so if you live along that route and are interested in some of these books, we could likely work something out.

Elsie

#2 ElsieD

ElsieD
  • participating member
  • 771 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:22 AM

Someone suggested that I was asking too much money for these books. So, I have decided that I will entertain any reasonable offer. Please PM me if onterested.