Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

"The Praliné": Stephane Leroux

Confections Cookbook Dessert

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lebowits

lebowits
  • participating member
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

Has anyone seen this book yet?  If so, do you have any comments about it you can share?

The Praline

Steve Lebowitz
Doer of All Things
Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

#2 lebowits

lebowits
  • participating member
  • 542 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:25 AM

Here is another link which also includes the ability to "peek" inside the book itself.

Steve Lebowitz
Doer of All Things
Steven Howard Confections

Slicing a warm slab of bacon is a lot like giving a ferret a shave. No matter how careful you are, somebody's going to get hurt - Alton Brown, "Good Eats"

#3 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,860 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

I have it - haven't really had a good look through it yet.  Will try to remember to do so later this evening and report back.

#4 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,860 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

Well - took a little gander through it tonight - know what - every single recipe contains nuts!  A praline paste of some sort.  

Only a couple of dozen pages are chocolates and confections - the remainder are tarts and cakes, desserts, snack and bars, fours secs and moelleux (which appear to be cookies and macarons).  

#5 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,537 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

Now I'm paying attention. I wasn't too interested when I assumed it was all chocolates and confections. Thanks Kerry!

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

#6 minas6907

minas6907
  • participating member
  • 595 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hahaha, I think I lost interest when I saw its wasn't all chocolates and confections!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Confections, Cookbook, Dessert