Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Taro dishes in Seattle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MITllama

MITllama
  • participating member
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

I love taro but am having a hard time finding any restaurants in the Seattle area that offer dishes with this.

Usually this would be a Chinese restaurant.

Does anyone have suggestions?

#2 thelastsupper

thelastsupper
  • participating member
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Hing Loon has a great braised pork belly with taro (or with fermented vegetables) that is just the thing in this blustery time of year. 

#3 hummingbirdkiss

hummingbirdkiss
  • participating member
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

there is a lot of taro I am pretty sure Jade Garden down buy the King Street station .. has  a few  taro based dim sum and they have it on the menu as well

Maylay Satay Hut has  a Buddah's delight in a great big taro bowl and i know you can ask her to make you taro dishes you can "ask" anywhere

(reviews say downtown place is closed I was just there a few months ago ..I have no idea  they have another location in Renton ..wow bummer if they are closed) 

good luck 

Edited by hummingbirdkiss, 17 February 2015 - 05:26 PM.

#4 pastrygirl

pastrygirl
  • participating member
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

hummingbirdkiss, I don't know how long the Malay Satay Hut in the ID has been closed, but now it is O'Yeah Asian.

#5 hummingbirdkiss

hummingbirdkiss
  • participating member
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:22 AM

Pastrygirl  sorry I missed this ..I saw that and  edited my post ..i was heartbroken when I worked at Harborview I used to go there after work on fridays ordering everything I could carry to eat on my way home on  :( wow ..if you find someplace that makes that yummy taro bowl for Buddah delight like they did ? please let me know  I will make a trip ..I (almost) do not care what is in the bowl the bowl is just so good! I could learn to make it ..but like I need a bunch of taro bowls? 

I actually knew the owners (or partners owners I am not sure )  back when I worked at Harborview and still make their curry chicken (she slipped me the recipe one day as a gift when I left my position) 

Edited by hummingbirdkiss, 12 March 2015 - 08:24 AM.