Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Louisville/Bourbon Trail First-timer: dining/entertainment/adventures?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheStarvingArtist

TheStarvingArtist
  • participating member
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Howdy!

I'll be spending Sunday through Tuesday in Louisville and on the Bourbon Trail, and have never been! Any recommendations for food and fun that's out-of-the-ordinary (I tend to hate touristy stuff..) would be fantastic.

Torrence O'Haire - Private Chef, FMSC Tablemaster, Culinary Scholar
"life is a combination of magic and pasta"
-F. Fellini
"We should never lose sight of a beautifully conceived meal."
-J. Child

#2 scubadoo97

scubadoo97
  • participating member
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

Bourbon Bistro in Louisville has some nice food and a great selection of bourbon. Being a UPS air hub Louisville has some good fresh fish

#3 Alex

Alex
  • participating member
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:44 PM

Howdy!

I'll be spending Sunday through Tuesday in Louisville and on the Bourbon Trail, and have never been! Any recommendations for food and fun that's out-of-the-ordinary (I tend to hate touristy stuff..) would be fantastic.

Hi, Tory. Check for a PM from me with contact information.

-Richard

Gene Weingarten, writing in The Washington Post about online news stories and their readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"A vasectomy might cost as much as a year’s worth of ice cream, but that doesn’t mean it’s equally enjoyable." -Ezra Dyer, NY Times