Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Suggest some Lebanese desserts or sweets recipe!

Cookbook

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Noonu Enoch

Noonu Enoch
  • participating member
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

I want to try out some desserts or sweets prepared in Lebanese style. Please suggest some desserts. 

#2 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 4,055 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

I want to try out some desserts or sweets prepared in Lebanese style. Please suggest some desserts. 

Noonu Enoch, welcome to eGullet!  I'm glad you asked the question about Lebanese desserts or sweets, because it sent me looking through the eGullet Culinary Institute ("eGCI") for Foodman's excellent primer, "Introduction to Lebanese Cuisine". I found a lot of other good courses along the way that I'd forgotten, so the search was helpful for me.

These courses are free, you can go through them at your own pace, and a link is provided for you to ask questions.  It's hard to find unless you already know it exists, so here's a link to the post:

http://forums.egulle...isine/?p=390820

It's a long post.  The dessert discussion is about halfway down.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

#3 Noonu Enoch

Noonu Enoch
  • participating member
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:59 AM

Thanks for sharing the link @Smithy. It is a very helpful post. The desserts Baklava and Kunafe (or Kenafe) is very familiar but 'Asabih El haroos'  is something new for me. 

#4 Hassouni

Hassouni
  • participating member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

look up:

knafeh

osmaliyeh

halawet jibne

muhallabi

riz bi halib

ma'moul