Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Food funnies

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 GlorifiedRice

GlorifiedRice
  • participating member
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:17 PM

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

#32 GlorifiedRice

GlorifiedRice
  • participating member
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

Reddit called this CHARCUTERIE. hahahahahahah

xeWdi51.jpg

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

#33 JohnT

JohnT
  • participating member
  • 138 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:04 AM

The following has been put together from various news sources. It could be titled "Only in Africa", but I think the headline should be "There Goes Christmas Dinner".

Two cousins have appeared in the Mahwelereng Magistrate's Court, Limpopo Province, South Africa, for allegedly stealing a cow and an ambulance they used as a getaway vehicle.

Blade Olifant, 26, and Kgothatso Olifant, 27, allegedly stole a cow and loaded it in the back of an ambulance in Mahwelereng. They stole the ambulance from outside a house whilst the paramedics were attending to a patient in the house.

"The two bundled a cow inside the ambulance oblivious of the fact that is was marked and easily identifiable," police spokesman Mulaudzi Hangwani said in a statement.

"Community members contacted the police who quickly set up a roadblock where the duo, with sirens blaring, thought they would not be stopped."

Police found a live cow inside the ambulance as well as bottles of beer.

The two were released on a warning and would appear again on 15 January.

The cow was identified by its owner after it was placed under the care of the local Society For Prevention of Cruelty Against Animals.

"Sometimes the criminal makes it almost too easy for the police. The two were apparently wanting to slaughter the cow for their family Christmas dinner but will now just be having pap (maize porridge)," Mulaudzi said.

Source: I put the above together from various news sources and a police press statement.
  • Smithy and Naftal like this
Cape Town - At the foot of a flat topped mountain with a tablecloth covering it.

#34 GlorifiedRice

GlorifiedRice
  • participating member
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

UK3aayT.png

• andiesenji and Naftal like this
Wawa Sizzli FTW!

#35 Okanagancook

Okanagancook
  • participating member
  • 428 posts
  • Location:Naramata overlooking Lake Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Better make sure your bladder is empty before watching this....for animal lovers.
http://www.blick.ch/embed/vid48225

#36 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:47 AM

Im not sure how to post this :

this is the FB :

https://www.facebook...52201682&type=1

and the pic is this :

Diet.jpg

Ive been on this diet for "" Some Time ""

works well  ...............

for a bit

:blink:

• Naftal and Shelby like this

#37 Porthos

Porthos
  • participating member
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

Real Life Food Funny.

I'm in the kitchen doing dishes. my 27 y/o daughter calls from the family room, "Papa, what is the trinity?"

I answer, "The Father, The Son..." (thinking now, wait, she knows that - oh) "Onion, celery and green bell pepper."

• Alex, Smithy, JeanneCake and 3 others like this

Porthos Potwatcher
The Unrelenting Carnivore
"If every pork chop was perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs." (source unknown)
Customer to clerk in a clothing store, "Do you have these in a size for people who actually eat?"

#38 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 4,385 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:45 PM

Real Life Food Funny.

I'm in the kitchen doing dishes. my 27 y/o daughter calls from the family room, "Papa, what is the trinity?"

I answer, "The Father, The Son..." (thinking now, wait, she knows that - oh) "Onion, celery and green bell pepper."

That needs to become someone's tag line, Porthos.   :wink:

• JeanneCake and Porthos like this

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

#39 Alex

Alex
  • participating member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:38 PM

The New Yorker tends to have funny (imo) food-related cartoons. Here are two recent ones: bagels  presentation

• Kerry Beal likes this
Gene Weingarten, writing in The Washington Post about online news stories and their readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"A vasectomy might cost as much as a year’s worth of ice cream, but that doesn’t mean it’s equally enjoyable." -Ezra Dyer, NY Times