Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

London - Pre Theatre and Celebratory Meal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 christm

christm
  • society donor
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hi everyone, 

Looking for some advice.  I am graduating this weekend (mature student!) in London.

I wasn't sure of the plans for this weekend but it turns out myself and 4 others will be going to London for the weekend.

Myself and my wife are big foodies who don't really mind spending a reasonable budget on it but the 3 others are a bit more frugal :-)

We need to find 2 places at short notice.

1.  A pre theatre place on the Friday.  My graduation is on the Friday and we should be back in the heart of London for 6pm - going to see a show at Drury Lane at 7.30 so need somewhere for a quick bite in between but somewhere we won't feel too silly all dressed up.

2.  A place for a celebratory meal on the Saturday night.

Any thoughts?

Happy to try most cuisines - previous trips to London have enjoyed visits to Locanda Locatelli, Bar Boulud, Maze Grill, Pattersons (now closed I hear) as well as quick bites in places like Mooli's (also closed I think).

Thanks

Martin

#2 thampik

thampik
  • participating member
  • 161 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

You could try Opera Tavern - it does lovely tapas and is pretty well located for a pre-theatre meal. 

#3 Denadar

Denadar
  • participating member
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Sofra is quite near http://www.sofra.co....oventgarden.htm and if you like Turkish mezze it would be good for you and your friends to share.

#4 patrickamory

patrickamory
  • participating member
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

J Sheekey

#5 offcentre

offcentre
  • participating member
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Brasserie Zedel for either occasions.