Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

London - Pre Theatre and Celebratory Meal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 christm

• society donor
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:39 AM

Hi everyone, 

Looking for some advice.  I am graduating this weekend (mature student!) in London.

I wasn't sure of the plans for this weekend but it turns out myself and 4 others will be going to London for the weekend.

Myself and my wife are big foodies who don't really mind spending a reasonable budget on it but the 3 others are a bit more frugal :-)

We need to find 2 places at short notice.

1.  A pre theatre place on the Friday.  My graduation is on the Friday and we should be back in the heart of London for 6pm - going to see a show at Drury Lane at 7.30 so need somewhere for a quick bite in between but somewhere we won't feel too silly all dressed up.

2.  A place for a celebratory meal on the Saturday night.

Any thoughts?

Happy to try most cuisines - previous trips to London have enjoyed visits to Locanda Locatelli, Bar Boulud, Maze Grill, Pattersons (now closed I hear) as well as quick bites in places like Mooli's (also closed I think).

#2 thampik

• participating member
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

You could try Opera Tavern - it does lovely tapas and is pretty well located for a pre-theatre meal. 

#3 Denadar

• participating member
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

Sofra is quite near http://www.sofra.co....oventgarden.htm and if you like Turkish mezze it would be good for you and your friends to share.

#4 patrickamory

• participating member
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

J Sheekey

#5 offcentre

• participating member
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 10:02 AM

Brasserie Zedel for either occasions.