What did you buy this weekend (or any other time) in terms of food rather than stuff like toilet paper & soap.
I think it is interesting to compare notes on what one picked up, with every intention of using said stuff, of course; although real life might interfere with that concept.
For myself, here's what I got this weekend, on Saturday 8/10/2013:
From Carmel Farmers' Market:
• Brotrgarten: 1 "Epi" wheat stalk loaf
• Middlefork Farm: 4 green & 4 yellow somewhat young zucchini squash
Broad Ripple Farmers' Market:
• Silverthorn Farm: bunch of red & yellow carrots, a Black Krim & a Chocolate Stripe tomato, 1 bunch Tuscan Kale, 1 sweet pepper.
3 "aged" cucumbers, gratis.
• Yeager Farms Produce: 2 Indian cucumbers (hardened yellow skin), 1 Chinese loofah.
• Incredible Edibles: Various tomatoes - Amazon Chocolate, Chocolate Popcorn, Purple Haze.
Claus' German Sausage & Meats:
• 1 large ham nugget (for pea soup later on)
• 1 snecken (coiled pork-based sausage)
• Pressed tongue
• Barrel sauerkraut
• Big chunk of coarse Braunsweiger.
Blue Beard / Amelia's:
• 1/2 loaf of semolina bread
• 1 dark chocolate/marconi almond cookie bar
Goose The Market:
• "Dodge City" Salami
• Thick slice of "Pork & Fig" terrine (Pork livers & figs)
Of course, I also picked up various stuff and other leafy veggies from my Asian/Chinese grocery on Friday, including a gutted striped bass that had been swimming around in the tank there just before it got fished out and got bashed on the head and cleaned and handed over to me. ;-)