Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Maamoul Madd Eshta

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nicolai

Nicolai
  • participating member
  • 269 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

Maamoul Madd Eshta, is a Lebanese variant of the standard Maamoul Madd which is a variant of the Maamoul itself.

Without going into a full fledged explanation. Maamoul is a dough Semolina base filled with Pistachios or Walnuts. The shape is oblong or round.

The Maamoul Madd variant is spread in a tray as Madd means stretched/spread. The usual combination is filled with nuts and topped with Pistachios.

This particular Maamoul Madd Eshta is filled with Eshta instead of the nuts and of course doused with sugar syrup and orange blossom candied leaves or Rose blossom candied leaves.

That was my dessert.

_DSC7177_1.jpg

Edited by Nicolai, 23 July 2013 - 03:42 PM.

muhamara.com

#2 Arey

Arey
  • participating member
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Thank you for the explanation of this dish. Your pictures are very good, but without an explanation of what the item is, I had to google the name to find out what I was looking at that looked so tasty.

"A fool", he said, "would have swallowed it". Samuel Johnson

#3 Hassouni

Hassouni
  • participating member
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Oh come on stop. It's going to be several months till I'm back in Lebanon, I can't bear looking at these pics of delicious hilawiyat!