Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Where to eat in Michigan Harbor Country

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RMeierdirks

RMeierdirks
  • participating member
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

My wife and I are spending a few days in New Buffalo, Michigan over our anniversary. We're willing to travel 10 or 15 miles for a real nice anniverary dinner. Any suggestions?

Edited by RMeierdirks, 10 July 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#2 Alex

Alex
  • participating member
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

I've never eaten in New Buffalo, but the best place there is supposed to be Bentwood Tavern, in the Marina Grand Resort.

If you're willing to drive 20-30 miles, there are other choices.

Boulevard Inn & Bistro, in St. Joseph

the restaurant at Tabor Hill Winery, in Buchanan

Tosi's, in Stevensville

Gene Weingarten, writing in The Washington Post about online news stories and their readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"A vasectomy might cost as much as a year’s worth of ice cream, but that doesn’t mean it’s equally enjoyable." -Ezra Dyer, NY Times

#3 gdenby

gdenby
  • participating member
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:08 AM

There are 2 places where my wife and I have had anniversary dinners that you might like. According to Google maps, the Hesston Super Club, in Hesston, IN is a little over 6 miles away. About 10 miles away along the Red Arrow highway, there's the  Soe Cafe, just outside Sawyer. In the opposite direction down the highway, about 6 miles, is Stop 50 Pizzaria in Michiana Shores, IN. A pleasant place w. very good Neapolitan style pies. Nice decor, but not cozy. Still, really good food.

Another place we have heard is quite fine is Timothy's in Union Pier, also about 6 miles away.

Have fun.