Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Going to North Cumbria near Maryport

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SuY

SuY
  • participating member
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Hi everyone

Unfortunately I did not do sufficient research when I booked a house for a week near Maryport and realised most of the dining destinations are over an hour away further south. Does anyone have any advice for places around me? I am traveling with my parents and 2 small children (3 and 6 yrs) so am wary of such distances. Should I drive north? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Looking for good food places/pubs or farmers market as I am sure we will be cooking at home too. Thanks in advance!

#2 sped98

sped98
  • participating member
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:54 AM

Oh dear SuY , i take it you`ve already been there by now ? Not a good choice at all. Nearest City Carlisle and then you`re not going to get anything decent, Lakes are 30 minutes from Maryport , nearest decent restaurant is Cottage in the Wood , Keswick.

CumbriafoodieCumbriafoodie