Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Cabin cooking

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 bonkboo

bonkboo
  • participating member
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:33 AM

My wife's family cabin is all propane. The stove is old so is probably not a comp. the refridgerator is about 3 years old. It works just fine. But they are expensive. $2k for the most basic models.
  • Porthos likes this

#32 highchef

highchef
  • participating member
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

Hey HungryChris! I googled your stove and found http://jennair.com/a...tails/JGRP548WP  

That is an awesome stove.

The rent house duel fuel is kitchenaid/whirlpool, and it might be a little cheaper (and smaller) than yours, but does not have 2 ovens, which I think I really like. The griddle in a cabin makes sense too...I may be talking myself into it, but I expect to use it a lot. I've decided that the kitchen appliances are the most important things in the house. I'm not a hunter, but I really like to cook so if they bring it in, I'll figure out what to do with it. That stove is flipping awesome. Thanks for sharing, I do not recall that stove when I was researching the renovation on the rental, but may have swiped right by it as too much for a rental. Hell, the one I put in there was too much for a rental, but my newly wed son was living there at the time so I splurged on the kitchen suite. thanks!

#33 highchef

highchef
  • participating member
  • 1,129 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

My wife's family cabin is all propane. The stove is old so is probably not a comp. the refridgerator is about 3 years old. It works just fine. But they are expensive. $2k for the most basic models.

Do you happen to know the make of the fridge? I have noticed that the prices were high, even compared to their traditional counterparts, but I don't want to worry about it when the electricity goes out. Thanks