Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Neighborhood Kitchens season 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:15 AM

Neighborhood Kitchens, a PBS  WGBH production will start its season 2 today:

http://www.wgbh.org/...South-End-37978

you can see these on line if you like.  I have not seen todays ep. yet so cant say if they have improved the show or not.

for me its fun to see local restaurants, but I think the show in the past would be much better if the hostess knew a little more about cooking.

for me its good to see a few of my Tax Dollars  ( 15 Apr coming up ) being returned to the Community.

OK, 50 cents or so.

Edited by rotuts, 13 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#2 LindaK

LindaK
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

Rotuts, thanks for reminding me of this show. I watch little tv and lost track of it.  The first few episodes were pretty good but I agree with you about the hostess.

Also sad that local station WGBH doesn't know the difference between South Boston and the South End neighborhoods--your link to the first espisode featuring Myers & Chang  places the restaurant in both of them (it's in the South End).  Semantics unless you actually want to find the place.  It's good, too, I've been a couple of times.

#3 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

this was one of their best shows: take a peak as how the Chef makes the dumplings!\

I agree that the PBS as an institution has lost its way:  why not pay attention to your local area?

Beets me!   they also delete various cooking show, including local ones  ( Simply MIng ) for their Pledge week when why not

put them on their own Hard Disks and not lose a show for their Pledge Weeks?

Julia would be ...............   for what PBS has become.

45 cents here!