Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Help for a Couple of Cocktail Novices (Part 2)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#91 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:21 PM

IMG_0914.jpg

All this talk of Sidecars - when I realized that I'd found the Pierre Ferrand Cognac at the LCBO last week - I had to make one.

#92 Adam George

Adam George
  • participating member
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thoughts and ratios?

Manning the Bar
A Cocktail Blog

#93 JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker
  • participating member
  • 932 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

Interesting choice of glass style for your Sidecar, Kerry!  With Sidecars on my mind I had just been looking at a thread on vintage cocktail glasses when I saw your post.

#94 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:05 PM

Followed the directions that FrogPrincesse mentioned in the Sidecar thread - 2 ounces Cognac, 3/4 ounce dry curacao, 3/4 ounce lemon, dash each of Regan's and Angostura orange, 1 tsp syrup (used cane syrup).

My favourite glass by the way!

#95 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I'm keeping one eye on the LCBO site just in case the Pierre Ferrand makes it to this end of the province.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

#96 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Found it in Vintages.

#97 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

Found it in Vintages.

The closest Vintages store is 5 hours away so not convenient but doable if I or someone I know goes there for any reason. I'll keep a watch for it but it's really not a huge deal if it doesn't get this far. There are a few things still on my list that I really want but, in general, I've slowed down significantly on the booze buying.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

#98 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

IMG_0929.jpg

Tonight's cocktail - a Margara.  Wanted to try the Creole Shrubb for the first time.   

#99 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_0929.jpg

Tonight's cocktail - a Margara.  Wanted to try the Creole Shrubb for the first time.   

That one sounds tasty.

#100 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Down in Buffalo this weekend visiting eG's Patris - made negroni's with the sweet vermouth that I had made.

IMG_0419.jpg

• judiu likes this

#101 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

IMG_1017.jpg

The Choke Artist - suggested on the drinks thread.  Just made a half - back to being a lightweight after not drinking much for a while.

#102 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

How was that one? I added it to my "drinks to try" list after seeing it in the drinks thread but haven't got to it yet. One of these days I'm going to have to quit adding to that list or start drinking more. It's getting ridiculously long.

• mkayahara likes this

#103 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I quite enjoyed it - went for that one because I needed to open the sherry for a chocolate project.

#104 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 8,870 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

IMG_1156.jpg

Paper Plane tonight.  It would appear I haven't been taking my drinking seriously enough lately!