Hi Melissa and FrogPrincesse,
Other than the addition of weights, which I am very excited about, we have added lots of other details to the new version of the book. Here are a few other things I'm excited about:
1. We broadened the discussion about how much yeast to use in the recipes, giving bakers a range. Some people like the bread with the original amount, but many wanted a lower dose. We have a similar discussion about salt. I personally like saltier bread, but for some it was too strong, or in a rare case, not salty enough.
2. We added a discussion about using a sour starter in our method.
3. Many more pictures (40 color and 100 black & white)
4. 30 new recipes (including a discussion about how to increase the whole wheat in a recipe, without having to add vital wheat gluten.
5. We took the FAQ from our website and broadened the tips and techniques section of the book, so that people will have all the information in one location about how to bake a great loaf.
6. In that section we talk about how to improve the interior crumb, if you are finding the loaf denser than you like.
7. We've added G-F breads for those who have gluten sensitivities or are baking for someone who does.
8. And a fantastic new index (I know its a geeky detail, but I love a good index and this one is finally great. Our first one was not!)
Hope that helps. Cheers, Zoë