Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Polyscience Creative vs. Chef Series

Modernist

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

""   Update: After a few emails back and forth (and me refusing to buy another circulator at a discount) it seems like they are going to honor the warranty even though it expired a few months ago as a courtesy. Very cool of them. "":

excellent !

• Smithy likes this

#32 dcarch

dcarch
  • participating member
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:59 AM

"----2- any suggestions how i might be able to repair it myself? is it a fuse that is burnt? can the heater be busted? ----"

​Do not try to fix a device like this yourself unless you are very very experienced with power electric work.

​High power, cramped components, water operating environment ------- someone can be killed if you don't know the proper way to wiring things up.

dcarch

#33 paulraphael

paulraphael
  • participating member
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

Update: After a few emails back and forth (and me refusing to buy another circulator at a discount) it seems like they are going to honor the warranty even though it expired a few months ago as a courtesy. Very cool of them.

Maybe let them know you're posting about your, um, positive customer service experience on egullet, and your blog that's read by millions. Phrase it in a way that's more carrot than stick. It might encourage them to offer reasonable service to everyone.

• rotuts likes this

#34 FoodMan

FoodMan
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

Definitely been a positive experience dealing with the customer support via email. Quick responses and already sent me all the forms to return the one I have and get a new one. Could not have asked for a better outcome. 

E. Nassar
Houston, TX

My Blog

#35 Smithy

Smithy
  • host
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

That's great news, Elie.  Thanks for posting about the positive outcome.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)

"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modernist