Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Boxes for Chocolates

Chocolate

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jim D.

Jim D.
  • society donor
  • 290 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

I have seen Nakazawa (available in the U.S. from Unger Co. in Cleveland) mentioned as a good source for boxes for chocolates, and they certainly have some very nice looking ones. Unfortunately 200 appears to be the smallest lot in which these are sold, and I am looking for smaller amounts of various sizes. Can anyone suggest other sources?

#2 Cassie

Cassie
  • participating member
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

There are lots of places that sell smaller quantities: US Box, Box and WRap, Bags and Bows, Nashville Wrapes, Glerup Revere.

#3 curls

curls
  • participating member
  • 388 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

As Cassie says, lots of places that sell smaller quantities. Unfortunately, the price per box seems to go way up when you purchase in small quantities. Purchasing from package nakazawa seems to be the first price break point, next price break point appears to be when you by a few thousand and go the custom set up box route.

Here are a few other places that sell smaller quantities:
- www.sweetpackaging.com
- www.aspecialtybox.com
- www.modpac.com

Edited by curls, 21 February 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#4 tug

tug
  • participating member
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

fantastic resources. Thanks!
Peter: You're a spy
Harry: I'm not a spy, I'm a shepherd
Peter: Ah! You're a shepherd's pie!

- The Goons

live well, laugh often, love much

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chocolate