Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Modernist in Dublin?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doodad

Doodad
  • participating member
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:59 AM

Will be there in May and have never been. One night only and wondered if there was a mc type restaurant in Dublin at this time?

Thanks.

#2 Simon_S

Simon_S
  • participating member
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Closest is probably The Greenhouse (http://www.thegreenh...ant.ie/home.php) and it also happens to be my favourite restaurant in town.

#3 Doodad

Doodad
  • participating member
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

Ok that is who I was looking at very hard. That and Chapter One, but that one just as a nice dinner. What is dress code at Greenhouse like?

#4 Simon_S

Simon_S
  • participating member
  • 689 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

Very relaxed. I wouldn't wear a football jersey and runners, but people there will probably be wearing anything from nice jeans to a suit and tie.

Taster menu is essential, BTW.

#5 Corinna Dunne

Corinna Dunne
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yep, I absolutely agree with Simon. My favourite restaurant too.

Also, Lorraine Harmon, the sommelier there is very good, and does wine pairings by the glass. Chapter One also excellent... but if I had just one night, it would be the Greenhouse. Lunch there is exceptional value.
Corinna Hardgrave aka "Corinna Dunne"
CorinaHardgrave Twitter