Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

The new home delivery, Mealku

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 janeer

janeer
  • participating member
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:44 PM

Wasn't quite sure where to post this. Here's another link if you can't access WSJ.
I imagine everyone will start going on about sanitation and other dangers, but it's an interesting idea. Good way to get rid of leftovers? Thinking about the current "Cooking for One" thread where that's a big issue.

#2 Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock
  • society donor
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Sanitation nightmares aside, I think this sounds like fun and, I suspect that the review feature will slap some people into reality about the low quality of their food. -I've been subjected to a lot of miserable food over the past month which was presented by self-proclaimed 'gourmet' cooks.

#3 patrickamory

patrickamory
  • participating member
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

Hilarious article. I don't think I could participate in this though. Health-related scariness plus I'd have trouble letting my food go.

#4 gfweb

gfweb
  • participating member
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

OMG. Sanitation nightmare indeed. I won't eat pot-lucks from people I know.
I suppose it is safer than random unprotected sex,though.

#5 janeer

janeer
  • participating member
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

OMG. Sanitation nightmare indeed. I won't eat pot-lucks from people I know.
I suppose it is safer than random unprotected sex,though.

and a little less creepy; something about opening that bag of unknown...still, I feel a strange fascination

#6 The J

The J
  • participating member
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

The sanitation issue wouldn't be a big one for me -- it's not like I go into the kitchen of restaurants to see how clean their walk-in is, and I'd hope that people who got sick from eating a provider's food would post that in any reviews.

It's an interesting concept, and I could see myself trying it if I were in NYC. My bigger fear though would be some lunatic who decided that this would be a good way to poison people.