Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

2013 Food Resolutions

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Charcuterer

Charcuterer
  • participating member
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

1. Perfect my BBQ rib recipe.
2. Cook one new recipe from a different cookbook every week. (I just counted and I have plenty of books to get through a whole year!)
3. Play with MC@H more.
4. Learn to make cheese.

#32 rotuts

rotuts
  • participating member
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Im a fan of various PBS cooking shows. The Better ones : JPepin, America's Test Kitchen, Cook's Country. I have them all as self caps. ( not so much the Test K and Cook's County books: they seem to place one Rx in about 4 - 5 books )

I have a list of stuff I know will be really good, and this year Im making some: filled baked pasta comes to mind in its many forms.

for JPepin: his 'Essential' fish Rx including mussels!

#33 Okanagancook

Okanagancook
  • participating member
  • 304 posts
  • Location:Naramata overlooking Lake Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Eat your books changed the way I use my cookbooks. It has several excellent features which I now use. For example, if you see a recipe in one of your books that you want to make you can use the bookmark feature to keep track of these and keep track of the recipes you did make that you want to make again. I have found that I am using my books much more.

My main resolution is to get my recipes more organized using the bookmarks feature.
My other resolution is to cook more Mexican food and more French food.

#34 mrsadm

mrsadm
  • participating member
  • 528 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

Eat your books changed the way I use my cookbooks. It has several excellent features which I now use. For example, if you see a recipe in one of your books that you want to make you can use the bookmark feature to keep track of these and keep track of the recipes you did make that you want to make again. I have found that I am using my books much more.

My main resolution is to get my recipes more organized using the bookmarks feature.
My other resolution is to cook more Mexican food and more French food.

What is "eat your books"?
"Did you see what Julia Child did to that chicken?" ... Howard Borden on "Bob Newhart"

#35 barolo

barolo
  • participating member
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

A search engine for your cook books: http://www.eatyourbooks.com
Cheers,
Anne