Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Combo Steam and Convection Oven

Modernist

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gratuitousfoodity

gratuitousfoodity
  • participating member
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

How does this combo steam and convection oven compare with a combioven or a cvap in terms of features and versatility? I've read about the combioven and I like the idea, but I've never used one before and I was wondering if this model could be useful to experiment with at home.

http://www.williams-...onvection-oven/

#2 BenZara

BenZara
  • participating member
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

The mini combi oven from electrolux cost about 2,000 dollars http://tools.profess..._1_1_9JDBOU.pdf

This one from cuisinart cost 300... Somehow I just can't see it doing the same things even though it says it can steam/convection bake. It likely cannot do it as accurately.

I'd love to hear how it performs if anyone has one.

Edited by BenZara, 22 December 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#3 alanjesq

alanjesq
  • participating member
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

I just bought one today. Will be putting it through its paces soon. Replaced a Sharp Steam oven that I have owned for about five years. We shall see.

alanjesq

#4 Jonathan Kaplan

Jonathan Kaplan
  • participating member
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

alanjesq -- Anything to report yet?  Any sense of the temp acccuracy, etc? :smile:

#5 Docrjm

Docrjm
  • participating member
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

Bump
Alanjesq
Just wondering how the oven is working out. Would like to hear about real world reviews

Thx in advance

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modernist