Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

Gilt and Adour closing!!!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 babern38

babern38
  • participating member
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I am utterly crestfallen at the news that Adour has closed and Gilt will be closing this Saturday.

These were two of our favorite restaurants where we've had some memorable experiences. We ate at Gilt the night we got engaged and were later married at the Palace. Apparently Michael Richard is the new chef taking over the space. While info is pretty scarce right now it seems like they plan on keeping the Gilt dining room more formal and modern while putting a more casual bistro in the Villard room next door that was primarily a private event space.

I absolutely love the decor of the dining room at Gilt. I've seen pictures from when Le cirque was there and notice they didn't change the mural or wood work, etc. Does anyone know if they can't because of some historical protection given the location as the archiodese residence?