Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Magnus Lindgren RIP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 RDB

RDB
  • participating member
  • 471 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

I know this may be late news but I just found out that Magnus, one of Heston's top chef's, died recently in a tragic accident. Magnus used to post on here quite a bit in days gone by and always provided us with a great FD "insider" perspective. What a sad loss.

#2 Lisa Shock

Lisa Shock
  • society donor
  • 2,206 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

I'm saddened to hear of this tragic turn of events. I regret never having met him in person. My condolences to his family and his work 'family.'

#3 tsp.

tsp.
  • participating member
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

Without sounding incensitive, was the recent bus crash in Hong Kong? Absolutely terrible news.

Edited by tsp., 12 December 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#4 Mountfort

Mountfort
  • participating member
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

Very Sad. Yes it was the bus crash in Hong Kong. Late November. Also claimed the life of fellow FD chef Jorge Herrera and their taxi driver. HB was in another taxi and uninjured.

#5 JAbrams72

JAbrams72
  • participating member
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Without sounding incensitive, was the recent bus crash in Hong Kong? Absolutely terrible news.

Yes, he was one of the two who was in the bus crash, the other was Jorge Herrera.