Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Looking for cocktail bars in America

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mcmmcm

mcmmcm
  • participating member
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Can anyone tell me of any cocktail bars in America that are chains? I am not looking for one off bars (no matter how great they are) I am lookjing for a company with a chain of 10s or better still 100s of cocktail bars especially if they are kind of party atmosphere bars rather than upscale cocktail bars ....... hope someone can help

#2 slkinsey

slkinsey
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 11,116 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Not aware of any.
Samuel Lloyd Kinsey

#3 prasantrin

prasantrin
  • legacy participant
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Well, if you count places like the bars at the Cheesecake Factory and the like, then there are at least a few. Bubba Gump, Hooter's, etc. etc.

They're not cocktail bars, but they are restaurants with bars that serve cocktails.

#4 jorach

jorach
  • participating member
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

The only places with 100s of locations are going to be Applebee's, Red Lobster, etc; chain restaurants with bars that will serve you green appletinis.

#5 Dignan

Dignan
  • participating member
  • 550 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Coyote Ugly is the only bar chain (and not restaurant chain that includes a bar) I can think of, with 21 according to the wiki.