Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

What Indian food have you been cooking?

Indian

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 sweetstoyou

sweetstoyou
  • participating member
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

Hi there,

Rajma chawal is also my favourite. And next time you gonna cook Rajma...fry a little cumin seeds(jeera) and the rajma will taste different yet delicious.

:)

#32 ThayerG

ThayerG
  • participating member
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

I have been experimenting with sous-vide cooking and decided to see how low-effort an Indian dish I could make. I stuffed a vacuum bag with fresh spinach and then I mixed fenugreek leaf, kalonji, chaat masala (home-made, with black salt) ground coriander, turmeric, mango powder, yogurt and a touch of cream. After mixing all that I poured it into the spinach and sealed. No frying, no onions, no chili, no garlic, no ginger. I cooked it at 85C for 40 minutes. This should have been a total failure on moral grounds alone--so little effort deserves a commensurate reward. But it wasn't. The sauce developed a nice golden color and the dish was pleasantly sour. It complemented some other dishes quite well. I think sous-vide Indian (or "Indian-inspired") cooking is well worth exploring.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Indian