Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Foods you just don't like

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#121 Mjx

Mjx

Senior Host

• host
  • 6,243 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

Two proteins that I have never enjoyed are liver and octopus/squid.

I try a bit of someones probably once a year (maybe a bit less) - but have found it consistantly horrible.

I'll keep trying every once in a while though - maybe someone prepares it in a a way that I like.

The list of foods that I'm not interested in, or don't add anything for me is quite a bit longer, but inclused most mushrooms, artichokes, bitter leafy greens, many tropical fruits...

If you're up for exploring octopus/squid options yourself, there are some great treatments being presented in in the current Cook-Off 62: Squid, Calamari and Octopus.

Michaela, aka "Mjx"
Senior Host, eG Forums
mscioscia@egstaff.org

#122 Broken English

Broken English
  • participating member
  • 432 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Dried fruit leaves me cold, I don't like the texture, and the flavour completely loses the freshness that I enjoy about fruit.

Licorice and strong Aniseed flavours do nothing for me, and linger on the palate, ruining it for a length of time.

I will also never understand the love for peppers (that's capsicum to us Aussies).

Still, I can eat pretty much anything, and if these were on the plate I'd eat them, you just wouldn't catch me putting them there if the dish was for me.
James.