Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Thai tea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:06 PM

Anybody know an in-Canada source that ships? One with an online store would be preferable but not completely necessary. I'm looking for the stuff you brew yourself, not a concentrate or ready-drink. I can get it from importfood.com in the U.S. if I have to but I'd rather order within Canada if I can.
It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

#2 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,582 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:43 PM

Metropolitan Tea? They are based out of Toronto.

#3 prasantrin

prasantrin
  • legacy participant
  • 5,468 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

I'm in Canada and I have easy access to stores which sell it. LMK.

#4 Tri2Cook

Tri2Cook
  • participating member
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

prasantrin: I don't want to inconvenience anyone (although Kerry might say I couldn't prove that by her :biggrin: ), but I'll keep it in mind and may come back begging. I really appreciate the offer.

Kerry: I checked the site you mentioned, didn't see anything like what I'm after but it's entirely possible I missed it. Their website says "wholesale only" but I could probably contact an actual store directly and ask. Thanks!
It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

#5 Kerry Beal

Kerry Beal
  • participating member
  • 9,582 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:30 PM

I have an account with them if you need me to get it. Alternately I can get it at one of my local asian stores and send it along.

K