Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Informal dining in DC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jakob nielsen

jakob nielsen
  • participating member
  • 70 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

here thru the elections - looking for good, informal places - no specific cuisine

I had dinner at
Graffiato
http://graffiatodc.com/

- octopus with olives, was great
- pizza also delicious

looking for same kind of atmosphere - no necessarily italian inspired. I am at Dupont Circle, but anywhere within reachable by Metro is fine

Any help appreciated

Jakob

#2 Alex

Alex
  • participating member
  • 2,204 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:23 PM

Wow, lots of choices. A manageable walk east from the Circle is Birch & Barley. Also a manageable walk south is Rasika West End. Toward the east side of the Circle is Little Serow (not the same atmosphere as Graffiato, but not to be missed. Get in line early.) Two stops north on the Red Line (Cleveland Park) are Palena Cafe and Ardeo/Bardeo.
Gene Weingarten, writing in The Washington Post about online news stories and their readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"A vasectomy might cost as much as a year’s worth of ice cream, but that doesn’t mean it’s equally enjoyable." -Ezra Dyer, NY Times

#3 DTBarton

DTBarton
  • participating member
  • 971 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

A short ride north on the red line to Bethesda, there are many good places to eat. I like this place for outstanding pizza, if you like clams, get a clam pie.

http://www.havenpizzeria.com/

#4 jakob nielsen

jakob nielsen
  • participating member
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

sounds like great choices - keepem coming :smile: