Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Breakfast! The most important meal of the day (2012)

Breakfast

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
394 replies to this topic

#391 pastameshugana

pastameshugana
  • society donor
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:26 AM

I was experimenting for brekkie today:

I got this for christmas - silicone molds for making ice shot glasses.... but I had other things in mind:

IMG_3007.jpeg

Plain egg whites into the molds, and baked at 300 - took way too long, wish there was a better method. Ideas?

Egg yolk cooked with MUCH sriracha and stuffed inside:

IMG_3010.jpeg

The 'cups' had too many bubbles in them, which made them wobbly. I think I should have 'forked up' the whites before dumping them in the molds. Also, it was very difficult to keep the yolk runny.... I just need to experiment some more...
PastaMeshugana
"The roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd."
"What's hunger got to do with anything?" - My Father
My eG Food Blog (2011)

#392 percyn

percyn
  • society donor
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:36 PM

Interesting idea PastaMeshugana.

Yesterday I made a Basted Egg w/Lil Smokies

IMG_2395.JPG

Edited by percyn, 29 December 2012 - 12:37 PM.

#393 benthescientist

benthescientist
  • participating member
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

So much bacon & egg! I took a slightly healthier (aka inferior) approach after the Christmas glut to try and appease my vital organs a little.

Caramelized apple and hazelnuts with Greek yogurt, cardamon and pomegranate molasses. One granny smith apple sliced and caramelized with hazelnuts, sugar and butter. Served on the yogurt that was sprinked with a cardamon heavy mix of cardamon, cinnamon, pimento and nutmeg. A small drizzle of pomegranate molasses over the top for extra tang.

apple.jpg

#394 percyn

percyn
  • society donor
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

Ben, welcome to eGullet and the Breakfast thread! Nice looking breakfast. Did you use green or black cardamon?

#395 benthescientist

benthescientist
  • participating member
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

Ben, welcome to eGullet and the Breakfast thread! Nice looking breakfast. Did you use green or black cardamon?

Thanks percyn. I used green cardamon. It's easier to obtain here, so was the only one sitting in my cupboard!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Breakfast