Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the society.

Photo

What Food Trucks Would You Like To See?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#31 LindaK

LindaK
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 2,930 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:26 AM

I know this forum has been open for awhile and the last post was January 2014, but I am new here so here you go, better late than never!

I would love to see more food trucks using fresh, organic foods. I was thinking of opening a food truck and decided that a food truck with a menu made up of locally grown organic ingredients with Asian influences in the menu items would make a smash hit! What do you think? Good, bad, neutral? Let me know..

Welcome. It's never too late to revive an old topic, so when you find something interesting, please post--it will be be new to lots of members.

We have a decent food truck scene in Boston and Asian food is well represented.  Two of my favorites fit your profile of Asian influenced food featuring locally-grown (not necessarily organic) ingredients.  They started with food trucks and were so successful that they each launched a bricks and mortar cafe too.   If you're interested, you can look at their menus here:  Mei Mei and Bon Me.

There's an earlier topic about starting a food truck here that might be helpful to you.  Good luck, keep us posted.