Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Jeff's Rub from Smoking-Meat.com

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mgaretz

mgaretz
  • participating member
  • 757 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:19 AM

I have been looking at a popular meat smoking site - www.smoking-meat.com by Jeff Phillips. He vigorously pushes his Jeff's Rub recipe which he sells for $9.95. Just wondering if anyone has bought/used it and if it was worth the money. He also has a book out on smoking, but he did not include the receipe in the book. That's a bit irritating!

I have used Meathead's Memphis Dust recipe and have been happy with the results so far. Can anyone compare them?

Edited by mgaretz, 28 June 2012 - 08:19 AM.

#2 Obese-Wan Kenobi

Obese-Wan Kenobi
  • participating member
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

Memphis dust. That's Dan Mill's recipe, right? He gives it away for free. Just Google and you can make your own at home. I think he calls it "Magic Dust"

#3 ChrisTaylor

ChrisTaylor
  • host
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:26 AM

Memphis dust. That's Dan Mill's recipe, right? He gives it away for free. Just Google and you can make your own at home. I think he calls it "Magic Dust"

http://www.amazingri...mphis_dust.html

'Meathead', the Amazing Ribs guy, doesn't bottle/jar/otherwise package and sell his spice rub.

Chris Taylor

Host, eG Forums - ctaylor@egstaff.org

I've never met an animal I didn't enjoy with salt and pepper.

Melbourne
Harare, Victoria Falls and some places in between

#4 weinoo

weinoo
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 6,453 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

I think that's Mike Mills.
Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"
mweinstein@eGstaff.org
Tasty Travails - My Blog
My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs
Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?