Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

What's the Best Chain Pizza?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 Shel_B

Shel_B
  • participating member
  • 2,483 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

It simply has to be Dominos!

I've disliked Domino's for the longest time. I felt the crust was flacid, the toppings, at best, mediocre. Lately I've tried a few of the local places that deliver, and was very disappointed with their product, so, reading this thread, I tried Domino's "Brooklyn" pizza last night.

It's not very good, but it's a bit better than the local delivery places. I'll try 'em again, especially because their prices are better. Why pay high prices for mediocre quality?

Edited by Shel_B, 14 November 2012 - 11:04 AM.

.... Shel

#62 radtek

radtek
  • participating member
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

It simply has to be Dominos!

I was a General manager for them back in the late 80's during the pizza wars. Their quality suffered a great deal in the late 90's up to recently- so much the pizza was absolutely disgusting. They have revamped their recipes and quality recently- which I think now outperforms all the competition (major chains). So if I were to order for the employees it would be Domino's Pizza!

When I went back to school I worked for a Papa Johns franchise for the interim and this particular family was great to work for; they produced a quality product. The past few years it has slipped tremendously- enough to where I cannot bear the thought if eating it. We all knew of John Schnatter's self absorbed swollen ego- he is a legendary SOB in my opinion. In light of his recent comments to the media he now rates as the greediest sorriest piece of shit imaginable and I will never spend a single penny towards his business again! And I'll spread the word for the working man.

Usually I make my own, but for economy I concur with Digiorno, Walmart, Costco etc... One of those in the freezer and you'll have decent pizza without dealing with the phone and in less time. I like to doctor one up with extra cheese, meat, spices etc..