I would like to ask you for a favor and try a croissant recipe, please. I want to hear more from others' oven.
Here is the ingredient list for recipe:
- 200g (preferably bread) flour
- 7g fresh yeast
- 120 ml cold milk
- 15g sugar
- 4g of salt (3g if you use salted butter in the dough)
- 20g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 112g cold unsalted butter
- ½ egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Cold ingredients.
- Mix all and knead to medium gluten development
- No bulk fermentation, flat the dough out and chill in the fridge for 2 hours while plasticize the butter.
- Use the English butter lock-in method, not the usual French one.
- Perform a double fold, then chill for 1 hour.
- Perform a single fold, then chill over night.
- Next morning, roll the dough out and shaping.
- Proof for 2 hours. Oven preheated at 220 degree C.
- Bake at 200 degree C for 20 minutes.
Many thanks in advance,
Edited by EvillyChic, 10 May 2012 - 01:41 PM.