Scheduled Downtime

NOTICE: The eG Forums will be offline for several hours on Friday, November 28 for system maintenance.

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Nom Nom Ramen

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KatieLoeb

KatieLoeb
  • eGullet Society staff emeritus
  • 9,156 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I had an itch for ramen today, as is known to happen once in a while. Didn't want pho, I wanted ramen. Dragged myself over to Nom Nom Ramen, new to the Rittenhouse area on 18th Street, just south of Market. It was worth the trip. I ordered the Karai, or spicy ramen. Broth was solid, noodles delicious and still had a tiny bit of toothsomeness to them (what's Japanese for al dente?) and there were sufficient bits of pork and veggies to keep me happy. I added a poached egg, which was a bit closer to medium boiled than a runny poached egg, but still added a little something to the soup. Regular sized bowl, addition of the egg and a can of Diet Coke set me back around $12. Definitely an excellent addition to the scene here. Service was pleasant and efficient. Lots of Asian students and young professionals in the place, many of wom I overheard saying they'd just heard about it and rushed over to check it out.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

#2 percyn

percyn
  • society donor
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:45 AM

Thanks Katie, will have to try it soon.

#3 rockhopper

rockhopper
  • participating member
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

Sounds like I need to rewatch Tampopo and give it a try.
Dum vivimus, vivamus!

#4 TarteTatin

TarteTatin
  • participating member
  • 855 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:19 PM

We went to Nom Nom with friends last Saturday night, it was great! Also had the spicy ramen. Their spider crab in a bun was excellent too...
Philly Francophiles

#5 Eph

Eph
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:15 AM

One of favorite places in Philly. When we go to an open practice at the Philadelphia Orchestra, we walk there for lunch. The food is a far cry from those packaged noodle cups. Spider crab is great.