Welcome to the eG Forums!

These forums are a service of the Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, a 501c3 nonprofit organization dedicated to advancement of the culinary arts. Anyone can read the forums, however if you would like to participate in active discussions please join the Society.

Photo

Seattle Indian restaurant

Indian

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 richards1052

richards1052
  • participating member
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:19 PM

My 10 year log enjoyed wonderful Indian food on a visit to Chicago & now insists we must find something good here in Settle. I warned him this might not be possible since I've never heard of good Indian food here. Let me know if you've found anything you like here other than Poppy which we know & love. It's a bit pricey for an entire family.

#2 pastrygirl

pastrygirl
  • society donor
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:33 PM

Poppy is hardly Indian. I've heard there are some good Indian places on the Eastside, but I have no personal experience.

#3 scrat68

scrat68
  • participating member
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:44 PM

Naan and Curry in Renton is great!
"Unleash the sheep!" mamster

#4 Badiane

Badiane
  • participating member
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

http://www.urbanspoo...ian-Restaurants
Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten

#5 teapot

teapot
  • participating member
  • 121 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Try one of the two locations for India Bistro (Ballard or Roosevelt). The owner is a spice importer, maybe that's why the flavors taste so much fresher than is typical (I've spent time in India and cook Indian myself so I'm fairly picky).

And if you ever have the opportunity to go to Vancouver BC, definitely check out Vij's.

#6 eternal

eternal
  • participating member
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Indian is like BBQ. People have radically different ideas of what is good. My wife and I personally like Roti in Queen Anne quite a bit. We get it for takeout quite often. I would not recommend the lunch buffet. But the tikka masala and lamb korma and garlic naan is quite good.

It is no Vij's. VIj's is awesome.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Indian